As the Launch Engineer I at our Advanced Forward Lighting Plant in Paris, IL., you will utilize your experience and talents to coordinate and support the product maturation (performance, dimensional, appearance) and development from prototype through manufacturing production stages as required by Program Manager to ensure that product design, manufacturing, assembly, and other problems are detected and resolved at the earliest stages of the product development cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates product maturation (performance, dimensional, and appearance) phase of new launch
- Uses open issues report to record and track all open issues to closure
- Reviews advanced quality planning documents, FMEA’s, PDS, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Charts, Gage R&R studies, and capability studies to help identify and resolve issues during the development and launch of a new product
- Works with Launch Team to provide production level parts for each Customer Pre Production build
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on production, quality, process, and equipment issues using standard NAL problem solving methods.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related discipline
0 to 2 years of related Engineering experience
- Technical and understanding of statistics, inspection, testing, dimensional layouts, specification interpretation, and report writing in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of CAD, GD&T, and APQP
- Analytical and problem solving skills ― including the ability to evaluate and resolve issues or problems related to a successful product launch
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills