As the Manufacturing Engineer II for our Signal and Forward Lighting Plant in Muscle Shoals, AL, you will utilize your experience and talents to plan, design, and implement assembly processes, ensure new product designs can be manufactured, and maintain the assembly processes in production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day technical support for the assembly processes in the plant.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing assembly line layouts, workflow, assembly methods, change-over-fixturing, gauges, work-in-process (WIP) storage, and tool storage.
- Develops Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) requirements, including Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Process Flow Charts, and Process Design Sheets.
- Leads and participates in activities to build prototype and pre-production sample part, and distributes internal NAL Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR).
- Supports Program Management generated project macro-schedules with detailed engineering micro-schedules to ensure that all project milestones are tracked and completed on time.
- Identifies Value Engineering/Value Analysis (VE/VA) ideas and standard parts to be implemented into new product designs.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related discipline.
2 to 4 years of related manufacturing experience
Experience in a Just In Time (JIT) automotive manufacturing environment is preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills – to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.