(January 31, 2024) – Applications for the $1,000 North American Lighting, Inc. (NAL) Scholarships for Excellence are open now through Friday, April 5, 2024.
The NAL Scholarships for Excellence were established as a way to help graduating high school seniors further their education in business, engineering or technology. NAL’s goal is to support local students in higher education and provide internships for those who wish to remain in the communities we serve.
In honor of our coworker and friend, Ben Myers, who was killed in an auto accident in January of this year, we’re awarding a Terre Haute South High School senior with the $1,000 Ben Myers Memorial Scholarship. Ben joined NAL as a Logistics Planner in November of 2021 and will be greatly missed by both his team and all of us at NAL who had the pleasure of knowing him. Ben graduated from Terre Haute South High School in 2015 and loved golfing in his free time. This memorial scholarship will be awarded to a Terre Haute South High School senior with an interest in business and golf. Please use the same general application link to apply, making special mention in your essay supporting your eligibility as it relates to business education and golf.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a high school senior graduating in 2024 and enrolling in college in the fall of 2024.
- The college you attend must be an accredited technical school, junior college or university.
- The degree you pursue must be in business, engineering or technology.
- You must provide three letters of recommendation from individuals outside of your family to support your character, work ethic and community involvement.
- You must submit a 500-word (minimum) essay titled “My Educational and Career Goals.”
- You must be local to the NAL community (see application for availability).
Applications and all accompanying documentation must be received by 11:59 Central Time on April 5, 2024 to be considered.
Contact: Kayla Boyll, 217-465-6600